Progressive. Welcoming. Inclusive.
These are just a few of the words that describe University Baptist Church of Columbus, Ohio. Since 1890, UBC has been a voice for justice and peace in our region. We were one of the first Baptist churches in Ohio to ordain women. We were in the forefront of the integration movement. And we are still the only Baptist church in Columbus that welcomes and affirms LGBTQ persons as full-fledged members and leaders in our fellowship.
At UBC you will find:
- a caring, tight-knit fellowship that is always ready to welcome newcomers
- traditional worship with a progressive attitude
- challenging preaching that touches mind and heart
- opportunities for service in the community
- a deep commitment to social justice
- a place where you can ask questions without fear of judgment
- exceptional, soulful music
- progressive theology in which we wrestle with the elusive mystery of God
- activities for college students and young adults (e.g., Bible study, service, social events)
- a church that takes love seriously
Join us for worship this Sunday!
We gather for worship each Sunday at 10:30AM and for other activities as scheduled. We are confident that you will feel the warmth of God’s love and ours at University Baptist Church.